View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Animal Lover

Casis is on a distinguished road
Default Cat owners, how often do you scoop/add/completely change your kitty’s litter..

I'm currently using cat’s best NG clumping litter. I scoop twice a day (a.m & p.m). If I’m really lazy, I will do it once only..

When it gets low, I will add new litter on top usually around 2 weeks. I use hartz “no odor” spray in the box. Oh ya, I’m using Catit hooded cat litter box; it is good for me because I’m staying in an apartment. No litter scattered around and it is very easy to clean. Besides that, the carbon filter works very well to catch all the nasty smells.

Then every 3 weeks, I will wash the litter box with bleach and lots of water, after that fill the box with fresh litter. If it too stinks, I will do it every 2 weeks.

I know some people use baking soda to control the odor.. I haven't tried it yet..

How about you guys? Would like to know how do you guys manage your kitty’s litter … and also what is your favourite litter or any useful tips to share..