View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Hi dimb,

no thanks needed just doing my bit.

in my humble opinion, byb need not necessarily do their trade via pet supplies store, there are those that operate from their houses, i'm sure we have come across this -and i don't mean the registered breeders - i mean those who breed cats for profits, whether they breed the cats frequently or intermittently. some are a bit more thoughtful and considerate, even though caging their "livestocks" up, still provide adequate nutrition and ensure cats are healthy, etc (cos healthy cats fetch higher price) they are still bybs. they will argue they are not cruel to the animals, they give proper health care and nutrition to the animals therefore they are nnot byb....it's a matter of symantec they're arguing but they also missed the point - they are encouraging the vicious cycle of too many pets and too little responsible ownership - cos ultimately in the end, what they're concerned about is "bottomline". being nice to the cats ensure their bottomline is better that's all. that;s not true compassion and altruism for the welfare of animals. we're aiming for compassion and understanding and awareness, we recognises that not many human beings on this planet have genuine altruism for fellow sentient beings so we're not even asking for that. we're hoping for awareness and understand and in awareness and understanding hopefully compassion and kindness will be germinated.

they may even donate some money to charity and other pet rescuers cos they're not that cruel and they do love animals, however to this group of people, i do hope and wish that they too come around and understand that if they truly love animals as they claim, they too will not want animals to suffer (here we use cats and dogs as domesticated animal example), be it animals under their care or not under their care (abandonned, strays), for this very reason alone, they could help if they give up their business.

one can always make a living and earn an income by other proper means that do not create suffering for other sentient beings, we're given by means to do so by THe ALmighty, it need not be at the expense of others' suffering, whether human or animals or insect, etc, etc.

i see many offers to sell domestic pets on this forum and not all of them operate a pet supplies store. some are registered breeders, some are not ...

maybe our govt cannot or will regulate or restrict "commercial trade" in pets but at the very least it can formulate rules, regulations and guidance (or improve upon it) on welfare of animals, with clear definition, and clear-cut power to enforce and punish those who breached it...just a thought.

where there's demand there'll be supply that's why

WHEN THE BUYING STOP, SO WILL THE SUFFERING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Ashley,
Great for supported Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. Our forum have people promotion as pet shop selling Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop? We should not step to their shop. Also they not allow for promotion in the thread. But we sure forum admin will take action to this people.