View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My 2 month old kitten has ringworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynthia View Post
I have good news and bad news. Took Lola to another vet today for second opinion. He is a genuinely kind doctor who really took his time to investigate a problem. Took cell samples from Lola's bald spots and he could not find fungal spores on most of them. So, Lola probably had lotsa fungal infection initially and they were healing because the bald spots looked like dead skin cells shedding. He confirmed that sea salt is very good for killing fungus and parasites. Bad news is... on two bald spots, he discovered some spores... he showed me the samples and explained that these are not very common fungus! ...and we also spotted mange -- although not much.

So he recommended that we shaved off Lola's fur -- as the spores were sticking to the fur -- and then treat with medicated shampoo. Will send Lola back to the clinic for all that tomorrow and I hope she gets better after this. Poor Lola. When I first got her, my vet discovered that she had fluid in her lungs, gastrointestinal problems and could not eat. Now she is gonna lose all her fur... All these within the span of THREE weeks! She must be suffering a lot
Ohhh, poor Lola! This has been a rough month or so for her! I'm glad you got the 2nd opinion, though. Even though your first vet might have been on the right track, it probably feels better to have the confirmation from the 2nd vet with his microscope. Bless you for all you're doing to save this kitten, Kynthia. If she makes it through all these assorted health problems in her first few months, you'll know she's got a really strong immune system. :-)

Wishing you & Lola all the best...