View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need Help with Settling In a New Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyuri View Post
Hi Maneki Neko,

I clean the litterbox everytime, right after he does his business. But I just can't seem to figure out why does the litterbox still stinks. >.<" It's not that I don't keep him clean, perhaps it's the litter that the pet store lady recommended to me that isn't high quality. But now, I spend extra time to pick out all the 'wet-looking litter' though I waste some that hasn't even come close to the pee or poo, but that seems to be working fine for me. Tried using the odor-away spray but that didn't work too. Haha.

Regarding him peeing on the carpet, I didn't expect he would do so as he peed about 6 hours before he did that. During the day, when the litterbox is right there, he didn't use it for about 16 hours! So I thought we wouldn't have done that but who knew? Cats are so unexpected.

About the food, he's eating perfectly fine for now, though I've consulted my mum's friend and she recommended me to feed him with Royal Canin in which I'm yet to try cause I just bought him a huge load of the pet store's pet food in which Nobu is comfortable with. It's gonna take time, but of course I want the best for him.

Thank you for your reply! Really appreciate it. :)
I suggest not trying RC cause your cat will get really addicted and will have hard time switching back to original food.