View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 10:22 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Blackie Is No Longer A Stray!

Hi Guys....

As some of you are aware, my munchkin Blackie was accidentally lost before Chinese New Year 2010. Attempts to locate her was futile and I thought that someone had found her and kept her. Then after a few months later, I saw Blackie wondering around the car park of my apartment block. She had become a stray .

Attempts to capture her by myself, neighbours sons, PF members Suhaimy, Pais (Linda Gamble's boyfriend) had failed as Blackie was a good escape artist. Being black and with short legs she was like a lighting! Now you see her and now you don't. After a while, we gave up as she was wild and unapproachable.

Suddenly yesterday evening, as I was returning home, my neighbours son told me there were kittens inside the letter box in our apartment block. I thought the kittens belonged to a stray cat as there were a few at my block but he told me it was Blackie's kittens. I asked him where, and he immediately showed where. Thre were 3 beautiful kittens, all black and white and were semi-long haired. Blackie had unfortunately mated with a stray tom cat. Unfortunately, Blackie was not around. I quickly called Ain the ex owner of Blackie and told her about Blackie's babies. She too was excited and told me that she is on the way to my house.

When Ain arrived and saw the babies, she confirmed that two were of Munchkin (one was a black and white with marble design) and one a non standard munchkin. All babies are semi long haired. We put the babies back and then planned to capture Blackie.

At 11.00 pm me and my eldest son went down, and opened the letter box and lol and behold Blackie was inside. I was so excited to see her. I wrapped my hands with a towel to avoid being bitten and dragged her out. She was struggling and hissing. Before I could put her inside the carrier she escaped . We put the babies inside the carrier, babies were mewing and she came back but was wary and did not want to go inside the carrier. We waited for almost an hour and was bitten by mosquitoes so in the end we put the babies back and went back up and waited again.

At 1.00 am we went down again hoping Blackie would be there but unfortunately no...... So sad. Could not sleep last night.

Woke up at 6.30 am this morning and went down again. Again, disappointed as Blackie was not there. At around 8.30 am before leaving for work, I went down with my sons and neighbours sons. We again peeped inside the letter box and YES! Blackie was inside. I could not wait and did not want to lose her again so quicky grabbed her. She hissed but did not struggled. I managed to put her in the carrier with the babies! So Blackie is now safe with me. Will be bringing her to Dr. Teoh later to check her out since she was a stray since February 2010.

All babies will be put up for adoption when they reach 3 months of age.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Felix The Cat; 10-09-2010 at 10:27 AM.