Thread: Italiannies..
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Animal Lover

nadiajalil is on a distinguished road
Angry Italiannies..

ni sy nk brkongsi pengalamn sy smlm.. birthday my Opah (bahase perak utk nenek) is coming up so my family thought of taking her out for dinner and my mum soh leh sy booking tmpt..

my Opah ni very particular bout halal food..tp suka plak mkn mknn western

so yesterday i called up italiannies kt the gardens tu nk booking tmpt..i berdiskusi ngn manager dia:

'encik, tanya..taliannies ni halal kan?'

'yes maam, we only serve halal beef and chicken'

'are you sure? all the ingrediants used are halal right?'

'yes maam, we are a halal restaurent, most of our staffs are malay'

'ok then, please book for 12 this saturday at 8pm..who am i speaking to please?'

'sure maam, ridhwan here'

begitu la lebih kurang prbualanya..panjang lg..mintak no tipon sume..tp cut short jela

lps tu, saya surf2 la blog org nk tengok review mknan apa yg best kt italiannies tu..then i jumpa this one blog, saying that most menu's in italiannies uses red or white wine in their cooking..the blogger is a Chinese and added at the end of his post:

'to all my malay friends...if u want to check italiannies out make sure you specifically say to the waiter that you dont want any wine in your meals'

hmm..terkejut i..so to clear things out i pg la website jakim (spttnya g awal2)..mmg italiannies xde dlm list..so i call blk..tnya manager tu lg skali..cos mane tau mungkin mmg halal tp diorg x apply cert dr jakim ke..x smestinya yg xde cop halal jakim tu haram..cuma x 'ditanggung halal oleh jakim' jela..

prbualan seterusnya begini:

'hi, i called earlier..i just want to confirm with you are really only halal ingredients used?'

'yes maam' <--gaya2 da mls nk layan minah byk soklan ni

'so how come italiannies is not listed in the jakim halal list?'

sbnrnya sy expect die nk jwb mmg xde apply ke..still dlm application ke, pending approval ke..tp dia snyap jap..then dia jwb:

'oh, sorry maam, we do use wine in some of our cooking'

dlm hati sy..'WHAT?!!!!' lps tu kne lecture la dgn sy..

'whether food is halal or not for some of us is a big issue, bcos its what we eat, next time when you're not sure dont simply give out statements, i called you the second time to make sure and you still say the same, only when i told you that i've been through jakim's website you tell me that you put wine in your cooking..'

panjang lg sbnrnya leteran sy..smpai terdiam mamat tu mrh btl sy masa tu...naseb bek sy cek kt web jakim..yg buat sy lg geram is manager tu malay, tak sure la islam ke tak..but so inconsiderate..fikir untung je..but the blogger yg sy bce blog die tu chinese siap blh bg tips lg kt malay friends die..

im so disappointed masa tu..kita sesama melayu, sesama islam should help each other out..its a shame when other race and religion are more considerate of our practices..xdela sy nk kata smua melayu cmtu secara umum..just for this one situation and probably others similar out there..

nyway, moral of the story, if you're not sure whether a product/restaurant is halal or not just check this web, blh msk barcode product lg..

http://www.halal.gov.my/directory/index.php

tp x semestinya yg xder dlm list tu haram..just x ditanggung la..cos maybe still dlm application ke..blm renew ke..ada stgh mmg x apply bcos dgr2 nk dpt sijil halal ni mahal gak..so kalau nk make sure better just give the restaurant a call.