View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Petfinder Lifetime Member

kairul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kairul Send a message via Skype™ to kairul
Default Re: How to take care of a pet turtle / pet tortoise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreay View Post
Hi, Khairul~

Its cool u went thr~hw was it?mind2share a lil info wat happening thr during te function?^^hehe...arigato~
Hmmmmm~turtle or tortoise...well,thr r quite a lil diff in thm bt i doubt abt their habitat~anyway~

1st,hw big is ur cage?izit those average1?
2nd,it based on whether thy lk2swim anot~4example....mine love goin into deep deep water~but4other turtle...or tortoise,thy lk te water lenght at half of their body~
Well,i tink is best u pt te water level til half of their body height~okie?
Thn is best u get sum peebles~pt at one corner of te cage~
So at least wen thy wana go4dry land thy cn rest on top of te peebles~
3rd, wat r u feeding thm?typical tortoise food or vege?

If u wana keep thm in a healthy enviroment~chg their water everyday *tat is y,u shud pt te water lenght til half their body height*
Cz as u kno...thy poo poo n pee pee anywhr in te cage..
If u dun chg te water often,te water wil turn a lil musty,gvg a funny smell~
N tis might cause maggots start growing in te water...*ewww*

Lots of luck in taking care of thm~
hye dreay,
no prob... the event was great.. i arrived at the station around 8.45 a.m... then, i try to find petfinder booth. met andy [gladly i had met him b4..so i knew which 1 is andy] and help him set up the booth..

then, daphne arrived. we discussed on what to do and how to do things.. they were a lot of people there... got the angkasawan, some malay artistes,the vips...many games and activities... daphne, andy, ezer, shan hui, and me distributed some fyers and talked to people about petfinder..some followed us to the booth, some took the flyers, some boh-layan...

and thanks to andy, ezer, and shan hui, i had a breakfast and lunch!!

next to petfinder's booth was pet united booth which sell pets.. i bought a pair of tortoises.. but the event was really great..plus we met some members... but the weather was hot..

bout my tortoise, thanks 4 ur info.. here's my reply..

1-the cage is slightly bigger than the one in the photo which andy uploaded in the event thread.. like a normal medium-sized aquarium
2-they like to swim...sometimes they put the head inside the water..sometimes they just like to like 'berendam' a lil' bit.. but i followed ur advice..i put water til half their bodies..and i put pebbles on the right corner for them to rest and dry themselves...
3-i feed them normal turtle sticks...

but now the problem that i'm facing is:

1-only one tortoise eat the food..another one havent eat that food since the day i bought them
2-only the one who eat the food always swimming and 'crawling' in the aquarium....another one always sleep from the day i bought them..even if the one who always sleep awakes, it just go to one corner and sleep again...

so, i don't know what to do..coz one of the tortoise doesn't seem to eat or active... i don't want the tortoise to die.. i try to separate them and put each tortoise in one aquarium, but that just won't work..

so how eh?