View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Animal Lover from 501st

Sandtrooper Captain is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Hi Andy and spca and paws and all volunteers

congratulations for successfully pulling it of. from all accounts, it was a great success. i heard so much about it from my friends, even my sisters' colleague who attended.

sorry i missed it due to a recurring foot injury. really wished i was there.

am suprised and yet happy to hear that sea park pet supplies was on of the sponsors of the gift. i didn't know they sponsor the gift. they are great people. so is abco asia too. hope that many members took advantage of the discount to buy some BC for their furkids.

just to share - don't mean to be negative but i feel that as in all organised events, there's bound to be some good feedback as well as not so good feedback and the not so good feedback will provide more info for better improvement for future events.

do you know that the Star Wars 501st Legion was "staffed" by one of my sis' colleagues and his friends? they volunteered to rent the costumes and offer photos for a token sum - all collected monies to be donated so SPCA and PAWs. it was a great hit and success with the public. according to my sis' colleague many members of the public clamoured and even insisted for their photos to be taken but - apparently there was a misunderstanding among the greater part of the public on that day or maybe due to lack of information - whatever it was, quite a number of the public refused to pay for the photos after having their pictures taken. maybe this was due to communication breakdown or just not enough information being given out .

nevertheless the star wars stormtroopers were glad to be of help that day. and needless to say they were all animal lovers,

as is all members of the public who supported the event and spca and paws wholeheartedly, including petfinders.my members who worked at the scene as well as behind the scenes.

kudos, give yourself a clap on the back for a task well done
Greetings PetFinder.my forum members,

I'm glad as everyone here did enjoyed the SPCA World Animal Day! Event at Tower Terrace, KL Tower on 2nd November 2008. Yes it was a great day until the bad weather disrupted the tail end of this wonderfully organized event.

Some clarification is required here about us, the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST :

I'm the Stormtrooper (or a clean Sandtrooper) wearing the Orange Shoulder Pauldron and here is a picture of myself (in the middle) with my fellow 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST members and friends from the Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpostwhom most of you have seen in Tower Terrace on last Sunday afternoon.

Description : Together with the CEO of KL Tower, Datuk Zulkifli Mohamad, the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST and Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpost officiated the opening of SPCA's World Animal Day! Event at Tower Terrace, KL Tower.

To set the record straight we are the owners of STAR WARS bad guy costumes that you've seen on that day and we're actually the ones wearing those costumes. Thus the rental part mentioned is therefore inaccurate. However, what Ashely has pointed out captured the essence of our presence and participation (together with our sister organization, the Rebel Legion Malaysian Outpost a.k.a. the STAR WARS good guy characters - Anakin Skywalker, "pregnant" Padme Amidala and Lt Porkins the orange suited X-Wing Pilot) - have our pictures taken with the proceeds going into the Donation Boxes carried by the SPCA Volunteers, with SPCA (I'm not sure about the part on PAWS) as the beneficiary.

Thanks for the feedback on this part - apparently there was a misunderstanding among the greater part of the public on that day or maybe due to lack of information - whatever it was, quite a number of the public refused to pay for the photos after having their pictures taken. maybe this was due to communication breakdown or just not enough information being given out Yes we've encountered that and at times refused to allow our pics to be taken until the members of the public listened to what our SPCA Volunteer with the Donation Box has to say. After all the donation was for a Good Cause. I guess that perhaps the MC should have made frequent announcements for the benefit of the public.