View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Animal Lover from 501st

Sandtrooper Captain is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi dmib

i hear you! the stormtroopers are something huh? either ToyRUs or the star was outpost next to cathay cineleisure (the curve) - ah , it's called myscififan outpost or something like that - lots of star wars and sci fi stuff - check it out.
Ashley,

The 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST and our members and friends do hang out at MySciFiFan Outpost at Cathay Cineleisure, once a while and don our STAR WARS "bad guy" character suits when the occasion called for it. But as I've posted earlier we own the costumes that you've seen and respond to call for appearances, mainly for charitable causes and on rare ocassions for the fun of it! Here is a group picture of the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST and our STAR WARS costume friends posing at the main entrance of Cineleisure on 16 August 2008. That was during the first weekend of the release of THE CLONE WARS movie :

(I'm on the extreme left, front row as the Snowtrooper Commander)

To introduce a bit more of ourselves, here is the write up ABOUT the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST that I've prepared and submitted to Jacinta of SPCA Selangor prior to our appearance in the KL Tower-SPCA World Animal Day! Event on 2 November 2008 :

ABOUT the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST

The 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST is the local chapter of the 501st LEGION that "occupies" the territories of Malaysia and Brunei. The 501st LEGION is an Worldwide Internet-based Costuming Organization where our members create our realistic and detailed replica costumes of the "bad guys" characters from the STAR WARS Movies and Expanded Universe. As at 27 October 2008, the 501st LEGION has 4,392 active members worldwide and "occupies" 46 Countries in 6 Continents throughout Planet Earth.

The 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST is established in the ranks of the 501st LEGION on 23 January 2006 (with yours truly as its Founding Member and first Commanding Officer.) Since the past 2 years we have grown steadily with members located accross Peninsular Malaysia and Brunei. Our members have participated in local and International Events :-

Rose Parade in Pasadena, California, USA on 1 January 2007 and.

First Asian 501st unit Joint Trooping in Taiwan from 5 to 7 October 2007.

501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST members proudly wear our costumes in public to celebrate our affinity to the STAR WARS movies and stories. Most importantly, to fulfill our MISSION in contributing to the local community through charity and volunteer work. Herein, we are proud to put our resources to good use for fundraising, charity work, and volunteer activities. Our participation in the KL Tower - SPCA World Animal Day! Event on 2nd NOVEMBER 2008 is one such example.

Read more about the charity work undertaken by the 501st LEGION at : http://www.501stlegion.org/charity.php

Currently, the 501st MALAYSIA-BRUNEI OUTPOST has 14 members in our ranks and we are still growing progressively. Our membership profile info webpage is at :
http://www.501stlegion.org/members/g...?garrisonId=59

Last edited by Sandtrooper Captain; 11-06-2008 at 08:17 AM.