Thread: Merdeka!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Pencinta Haiwan

hashimi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hashimi
Default Re: Merdeka!!!!!!!

It's left for 2 day more...31 august 2009..
It's mean 'holiday' for that day...but we should not take it as holiday as well.
it's a holiday for a reason... to spread your love to the country...

Besides feeling patriotic, we should be feeling thankful.... for all those that happened, for the leaders that fought for freedom, for the leaders that shape Malaysia to be what Malaysia is today.

We should be thankful that we can live in a peaceful country. We can not deny that it is hard to lead a country with so many races and religions. Can you imagine how life could be if our situation today is like Indonesia? Where Chinese have to hide their Chinese identity and use an Indonesian (or maybe in our case, a Malaysian name?) And some fanatics trying to kill ppl of some other particular religions/races?? I bet you won't want to live in a country like that.

My experience talking to a foreigner in Australia: When he heard the name Malaysia, he thought our situation is the same as Indonesia.... with lots of fightings, killings and such. He never know that Malaysia is a peaceful country. As Malaysians, do you want others to think of us that way?

As Malaysians, I think we should be proud to talk about our country. This is, to me, the least we can do for our country: to make our country known more by the people around the world, and let them know how peaceful and how beautiful Malaysia is.