View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MUST READ !! Do not visit The Vet Klinic Near Carrefour Kepong (behind Happy Cout) !!

Carmen, let me first say that I'm very sorry to read about the death of your rabbit, and I do hope you've found a vet for your Doberman, and that your dog is now feeling better.

I have no experience with this vet clinic in Kepong, but I can tell you this: No, not all vets are qualified or prepared to treat all kinds of animals. I also had an experience with a sick rabbit, and my usual vet -- who is excellent with cats and dogs -- referred me to another clinic in PJ. I don't think it's either unusual or disreputable for a vet to turn away an animal if he or she does not have the particular expertise to treat the animal. Why the vet refuses to see large dogs is a bit more puzzling. I wonder if other Petfinder members have some more information about this...

Also, your 2 year-old Doberman should go to the vet at least once a year for a physical check-up and vaccinations. When you find a vet clinic that you're comfortable with, I hope you'll bring your dog there regularly to ensure the he or she stays healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen85 View Post
It is a Vet and I suppose they will give treatment to all kinds of animals right. Once, beginning of this year, when I reach home, i see there's something wrong with my rabbit as it is not running around and he was very sick. I quicky bring him to the VET at kepong near carrefore (Behind Happy Court). She refused to give my rabbit treatment and asked me to go to the other vet. Fine, when i reached another klinic at sri sinar, my rabbit passed away, it's too late! If she willing to treat my rabbit and see what happened to him, my rabbit might not passed away !!

2nd incident was last week, saturday around 6pm, my doberman was having diarrear and is vomiting, the pet shop that i went have no vet, so they are very nice and do me a favour by calling the vet klinic near by. One of it is the same vet again, PET FIRST VET at kepong near carrefour. If she is off and do not want to treat my dog, then do waste time asking how old my doberman is, is it bery big or small !! When that guy told her that my doberman is around 2 years old and is hugh, she refuse to take my dog and then that guy, NO MEANS NO ! If she do not want to treat then don't ask right. Later on, I found out from some other people that they faced the same problem before. THAT VET always choose which type of animal she want to treat and 1st choice is always small dog, puppy !

STRONGLY ADVICE DO NOT VISIT THIS CLINIC ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE IN EMERGENCY AS THEY MIGHT NOT TAKE YOUR PET !!! I WILL NEVER EVER VISIT THAT CLINIC ANYMORE! IS NOT ONLY ONCE ! IT'S TWICE !