View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Feeding strays is his hobby ...

Owwwwhhhhh!!! How nice ..... from http://www.thehindu.com/2009/02/27/s...2757940300.htm

Feeding strays is his hobby!

VISAKHAPATNAM:

Before dawn breaks over the coast and the clear sky reveals the bright stars peeking through the heavenly canopy, sporting tracksuits and shoes an entire colony of morning walkers descend down on the beach road.

With serene ambience all around and minus the hustle and bustle of the later part of the day, morning walk lifts one’s spirits. But in several parts of the city there is no lack of company for walkers. Among the different kinds of morning walkers by the beach side – the slow jogger, an enthusiastic talker or the silent admirer – there is also a separate breed of animal lovers.

Meet K. Venkateshwarlu, an animal lover. After his hour-long walk, he picks up biscuit packets from the roadside shops. But these are not for him; they are for the street dogs! And the dogs wagging their tails gleefully follow him every morning till they get their quota.

For the fitness freak, animals are more than a passion. Dogs are what he is fond of, and in addition to his own pet, he has a group of five stray dogs of indeterminate parentage who religiously wait for him every morning. “They are lovely dogs and that’s all matters,” he says. Every day he purchases packets of biscuits for Rs.20. “I feed the street dogs which now recognise me.

“I always carry biscuits so that I can give these poor things a treat,” he says. Mr. Venkateshwarlu has always been fond of animals and spending some time with the stray ones is almost a hobby now.

Picture: Venkateshwarlu feeding biscuits to street dogs on the beach road in the city.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VenkatFeedStrays.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	3778  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies