View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:36 AM
PetFinder Guru

jouhari is on a distinguished road
Default Hybrid Store bought and D.I.Y Catio

Hi,

So, the cage is a cage. :) 3 tier with carpets. Doors only closed for newly rescued.

Cat tree: bought from Wonderpets. Couldn't resist It was so cute and cheap compared to petsmore.

The thingamajiger:
Made it with garden stakes rm16,
baskets off a 4 tier kitchen trolley rm 17
L brackets. Rm3
Manila Ropes 30 ft of it rm8
1m Carpet Rm28.
Cable ties Rm3 i think
Glue Rm2
xmas decs - got em from someone's trash bin at the office.

All from ACE hardware ioi mall puchong but I know i could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere. I saw the price at petsmore there and got Mcguyvering right there and then. You could do it without banging one nail in but I did. Couldn't resist.

The grill is netted . Thats Rm3.80/m

Not trying to show off. Just trying to let apartment dwellers aware of kitty safety. Lots of grills aren't netted. Accidents happen. Our job to minimise the risk. Keeping them indoors will bore them. We owe it to them to make life fun and safe ey?

model: Datin. rescued 3 days ago from a restaurant...if anyone wants her... holla.
Datin has been invited to join PakcikHarun's Family.
Lessons learnt:
1. if you are going to tie up baskets to your patio grill, use two L brackets. 1 Would make it wobbly.
2. When tying things to the grill, use the grill itself for better strenght. do a cross with the cable ties where the grill cross for the best result.
3. Cats dont like to hang out on wobbley baskets. Mine doesn't at least.
4. Baskets with holes on all sides (even the bottom) is ideal because its lighter and you can hang things off it and tie down your carpets inside it. You dont wanna stick the carpet permanently. It probably needs replacement.
5. 30ft rope is not long when you are wrapping a stick with it
6. Do not get everything from ace. It will end up costing like a store bought cat tree!
7. ace will cut the wood to length if you ask them to.
8. you dont need a meter of carpet.
9. cable ties are wayyyyy underrated.
10. Cat trees never stops growing!

Last edited by jouhari; 07-18-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added lessons learnt