View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 08:52 AM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My battle with FIP

Hi June, it's been quite a while since our last postings .

FeLV?? Yours?? OMG, that is really bad. I have a survivor from FIV and it was hard for quite less understanding between FIP, FeLV and FIV makes it quite difficult. I lost the tuxedo cat in my avatar, Milo for FIV. I notice that FIV patience during critical moment develop oral problems like ulcers and blisters on the gums or even tounge. Worst case, inside their esofagus.

My Oren Puteh survive via undergoing one time IV to eliminates dehydration, intensive antibiotics medication to eliminate blisters in their oral system,force feeding and giving amino solution. It's really hard to feed them for they will puke out back the food or meds for they had ulcers that is quite painful.

This oral problems at worst circumstances build up drooling symptoms in them and we'll see them just letting their head rest on the water cups. It's really sad to see .

I wish for your cats to develop strong antibodies before worst to come. With your TLC with cats, it is always possible. It is understandable cats are able to develop antibodies to be immune to FeLV. Good luck June.