View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 07:51 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pls help!!!My puppy vomit "roundworm' and body grow flea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy2008 View Post
Dear All Pet lover,
I need help.
i just adopt a young puppy. The 1st day i drive it home found tat he vomit 2 thing like roundworm and his body got many flea. I had bath it and also catch out the flea very big and also little small small de. But he still grab his body every day.The puppy dun like to drink or eat. Even 1 day no eat he also eat not much. Now he only 48days, i worry young puppy cannot bath many time. Then wat can i do for it?How about the vomit roundworm, is it his stomach still got the roundworm ar, very 'geli' yer.so wat can i do now? am i need to bring it to vet clinic or can giv it eat some antibiotic ? can i bath it every day ar?he still baby la?can i use dettol to bath it ar?Normally puppy is eat wat de? now i giv it eat young puppy biscut and mix some rice sometime i giv it dogfood tin,he can eat much a bit. But i cannot always buy the dogfood for it.Any food i fed it and can save money ar?
Hi Ivy,

Just saw your PM. May I know where did you get this young pup from? You have to get this pup to a vet for a start. I am not sure of any vets in Cheras, heard there's one in leisure mall but I am not sure how good it is. I'll start with answering your questions.

To get rid of the fleas you have to use frontline spray for it. But be careful on not to overdose it. Your vet should be able to help you on that. Don't have to use a dettol to clean it. Won't work much.

Next you have to deworm the pup. On dosage wise you have to weigh the dog first then only we know how much to give. after the first deworm pill, another is to be given 2 weeks later.

When a pup is not eating you have to be careful, as it is a sign that it is sick. Get the vet to do a blood test. Then you can determine what is wrong. If the vet certifies that he is healthy then wait for a week before you do a vaccination (assuming it is not done at all)

Please do not administer any home treatments or medications on the pup as it might cause more harm to the pup. And it should not be bathed daily. Once a week in warm water shud be good enough. It should not be bathed for 1 week after vaccination. Vets should be telling you bout this.

PUps should eat puppy food and not to be mixed with anything such as rice for the moment untill it is healthy then you can consider on adding other stuff to the food. Do not add milk in the food unless it is puppy milk. And puppy milk is expensive.

Lastly I doubt you can save much money when it comes to medical care of even food wise. you still have to buy toys, medicine, good food and also collar and leash and also train your pup. If you decide to give the not so good food, sometimes that would result in ppor health issues and you will have to spend more on medical bills. You have to be able to save out about RM200 monthly for this dog.