View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Animal Lover

gremlins is on a distinguished road
Default need opinion..have i been SERIOUSLY ripped off?

guys...wanna know ur opinion....recently have sent my cats to a vet...my cats were having diarhea..5 cats to be exact...2 were in serious condition and the other 3 were stable...the vet asked to board all 5 so that he knows what is causing the diarhea...1 of my cat died the day i sent it there and he charged me rm180 (for what i dont know..dont think any medication were given..he said fee for oxygen)...3 were boarded there for 5 days and i was charged rm1566...i was shocked like hell as the cats were ok..not in critical condition...initially he said the basic charges were rm20 boarding,rm10 for specimen and rm45-85 for medication.others are minimal...
another cat is there(the one which was in critical condition)..stayed there for 2 weeks...he is charging me rm2600++....whoa...crazy man...i've read in previous thread the klinik in ampang only charged rm700 for a week stay(the cat was critical too)..i asked why is the fee so expensive,she said the medical fee was rm50/day..that means they are charging me rm50/day for the whole 5 days..i asked what MEDICAL treatment was given and they replied..'oh,the doctor has to take care of the cats'..WHAT?
for your information,i could only see 2 people in the clinic..the doctor and his wife...so what i understand is...if the doctor gives the food/medicine to the cats,his charging me for it...here's the bill info..

consultation 25
boarding(5days) 100
deworm 16
medical care 301
flea/ear mites 60
lab/specimen 20
total 522x3 cats=1566

i have asked several times what medical care is and they have failed to answer.dont tell me they are charging me rm50+/day for just giving food and medication??
guys...pls advise me...i've been sending cats to various vets in various states and i have never been charged this much...any action can be taken...?or is the price supposed to be reasonable....pls help...