View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Important!! Check and disinfectant today!!

Dear All,
In view of the arise numbers of our forumers cats died due to acute FELV n FRP, Pakcu would like to advise all to thoroughly check all your cats health and thoroughly disinfectant all the toys, bowls, cages, play area (if its the whole house, then disinfectant the whole house). I just received a call (last nite) from one of our friends, saying that two of her cats, died suddenly after 48 hours of noticing some problems with the cats. This is very alarming and frightening!! I dont know wether the rise of H1N1-A has something to do with this, but surely there is no harm in taking precautions. This is what Pakcu would like to advise for all my dear friends to do, TODAY!! :-
1. Check all your cats today!! - act immediately if there's symptoms such as not eating, not active, vomit (green liquid), diarhea, flu, fever.... (should there's such symptoms, bring to vet immediately and dont (DONT) bath your cat!!)
2. Disinfectant all food bowls, litter box/tray, cages, toys, play area (whole house). If one of your cats has been confirmed to be infected, than I would suggest to change the whole small things and disinfectant the whole house very-very thorough. But, be careful if u use Clorox, read carefully on how to use it to prevent cats get overdose and might be fatal to them. I'm using Jeypine disinfectant, powerful yet gentle and nice smell too...
3. Stop adopting strays!! for the time being, if you have another cats at home. The above disease is highly contagious and very hard to detect at the beginning. FRP symptoms for examples are only visible at the critical stage and fatal just two days after showing!!. Should you still want to adopt strays, then before u take it home, bring to the vet first, have a thorough medical check up, vaccine the cat immediately and for the first few days, separate the cat from the rest of your cat. Please2!!, dont bring home sick strays or any cats to home.
4. Start up dating all your cats vaccine today!! Vaccine your cats immediately if the cat never being vaccinated before.
5. Please-please dont allow your cats roaming outside your home. There's so many security, safety and health issue outside.
Pakcu hope, all of us will do something good today and as the saying goes, be safe than sorry. Good Luck!!

Last edited by abgraldo; 07-28-2009 at 03:16 PM.