View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 AM
PetFinder Guru

Rayquaza17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pet Food quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by zatt View Post
Thx rayquaza n meffy

I wish i have all the skills to make home food... hehhee... even cooking is not a talent in me...

Guys, just want to ask, is it ok if we feed our cats with variety of wet food? For example more than 1 brand or flavor... i knew for dry food, we cannot just change their regular food rite... Which cause stomach upset in cat...

And, do u think that cats can over eating if we put to much wet food in their bowl?

Sometime i just curious whether i give them enough portion of wet food or too much..
-------------------------------------
Both of them eat all at once. I put their dry food so that they can have it at any time.. but when it come to wet food, they will attack the food like crazy..

To my observation, one of them will stop eating when he is full (i think), but another one will eat as long as there is a wetfood in the bowl, so i need to take the bowl away... just that i dont know if they really have enough or not....

Meffy, have u try fussie cats chicken and vegetable with brown rice? Hows the texture?
Hi Zatt,

For your first one, It actually depends on the cat. Like my Persian mix, her stomach is stronger thus I can change her food all the time without her vomiting nor complaining. But for my MC, if she change her food often, she will vomit but that is also not often. Just that her stomach is a little weaker.

And for your second question,

If you are scared of overfeeding your cat, make a practice of giving them a cup every meal. For overage cat, is different. My mix persian, she is 9 years old. Her digestion is changing like us humans when we are old. She will only eat a little per little cause her stomach can only take a little per time. For my MC, I left her food for her but I don't put much. I gave her two scoops. Only until she finish, then only I refill.

But of course, it depends~