View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Animaluver, your post buat saya nangis (I don't care dan saya tak malu nangis) sebab my friends and I went through the very same thing ... kucing kurang comei, bulu tak cukup panjang in some human punyer myopic eyes ... tapi healthy and given a death sentence not allowed to live simply because it did not have a human house address.

My friends and I trapped, neutered and released and put in efforts to set up feeding stations in as discrete places as possible and tidy up the place every single day, but as you know ... 2-leggeds are everywhere ... and they act as if the whole earth belongs to them (2-leggeds alone) and no extra legs are allowed ... they are a NUISANCE!

Food and food bowls (we buy with our own hard earned $$ and we share our rezeki with them that are less fortunate than us and cannot stand up for their rights and have no voice!) are simply thrown away ... let them starve to death, say those cold-hearted 2-leggeds (ramai skolah sampai ke universiti!).

Caregivers are scolded and threatened ...

That is why the modern SPCAs like in Hong Kong go out with well-designed programs strategically planned to convert the mindset of the adults in the community and create a condusive environment in order to let the healthy strays (tak comei tak aper, they have the right to life amongst us in our community) live in managed stray colonies.

Animaluver, to trap the strays is not impossible but takes a LOT of time, patience and love ... spend time feeding at the same place and at the same time, don't drop food and simply go away ... spend time sitting there quietly and whisper soft, gently words of love to them ...

I personally have spent up to more than 1 year sitting, feeding and talking gently to 4 very, very, very feral female cats every single day rain or shine, working day or weekends, public holiday or not ... before I could gain their trust and confidence to enter my cat carrier to eat so that I could close the door successfully on them, immediately cover the whole carrier with a curtain and tie up the carrier door with a nylon rope for extra security ... and zasssssss!!!!

These girls are still alive, healthy, living the full and happy life that they have the right to (albeit minus a human house address) and fed everyday. They run happily towards me the moment my car arrives and chatters happily telling me about their day and sees me to my car ... they sit and watch me till I disappear or run after it until their little legs cannot keep up ... but their eyes looking at me each time I leave and the slow wink they give me burns into my heart and mind as if they are telling me this might be their last time with me and that we will never meet again ... it is very, very touching!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 04-16-2009 at 03:10 PM.