View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Animal Lover

Vee20 is on a distinguished road
Smile "NurKittyLover/Eqin" Case Solved!

Greetings to all PF members and moderators.

This is Nitha. Nicknamed “Vee20” on Petfinder.

This (very first) post of mine concerns an incident (which i believe has left many PF members outraged for the past few days) regarding this woman who’s been adopting kittens from PF and putting them up for sale at a site called Mudah.com.

I didn’t realise that there were discussions in the forums, initially accusing ME of:

1) Being THE person who was doing the horrible act. The same person, using a different phone number on PF and Mudah.com.

2) Getting a lot of calls for the kittens. And that I probably thought I could make “quick” bucks, by just SELLING them.

I’ve been actively putting kittens up for adoption on PF for over 2 years, and NEVER, even ONCE, have i tried to sell ANY of my rescued kittens. The real culprit goes by the nickname “Nurkittylover” on PF, and “Eqin” among adopters.

She adopted two of my kittens, “Reign” and “Dinah”, on Sunday (30/05/2010).
Their sibling “Rascal” was NOT adopted. But Rascal’s PICTURE was used, instead, at the Mudah.com site.

Before moving on, i’d like to thank “Wawa1310” and “Fareen” for notifying me of their suspicions about the advertisments on Mudah.com.

And also, many apologies to "Kyzoor" and "FelixTheCat". I could not answer their calls, i believe they were trying to notify me yesterday.

After realising the situation, I immediately contacted Sherrina Krishnan, founder of the IPR (Independant Rescuers Society). Provided her with details of the incident (the culprits phone number, car plate number which i'd recorded) etc.

Sherrina managed to secure a deal with Eqin within a few hours.

Today evening (01/06/2010), at 6.00 pm in Bukit Jalil, her rescue team appeared at the scene and posed as buyers. The lady, Eqin, came moments afterwards in a car, with a man whom i believe was her husband.

After the rescuers got the kittens out safely, and before any futher transactions could be carried out, I got a signal. Walked out of my car and confronted Eqin. And the MALAYSIA KINI press members, whom Sherrina had requested to document the scene, followed soon afterwards

She got EXPOSED for good.

And we expected difficulties, but things were different.
The lady immediately ADMITTED her actions.
And when asked about WHY she chose to cheat adopters this way, she claimed that she needed money for hospital expenses (she was pregnant).

BUT, I believe...
As TEMPTING as it is/was for me to feel sorry for her, that this still doesn't give ANYONE the right to EXPLOIT another person's TRUST. To PROMISE a lifetime of care to a living being, only to abandon them for MONEY.

Karma works in mysterious ways.
And every small bit of HOPE led us to catching this person today. The kittens were probably praying to BE saved, as much as we were praying for them to BE found.

Eqin left soon afterwards, apologising and promising never to do the same again.

Also, speaking of the rescued kittens, Dinah and Reign are back home, and really HAPPY at that. The alleged "Bengal Mix Kittens" on Mudah.com amusing no?
And also, a THIRD kitten. She looks a lot like "Kitty"? I believe she was fostered previously by the PF member "Anzz":

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0343.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0358.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0321.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0/DSC_0363.jpg

All three kittens are in good hands. They will have NEW adoption profiles (once they've gotten over their ordeal).

I think there's also a lesson for all of us to learn here. Both adopters and fosterers/rescuers.

Our pets depend on US to find the right homes for them. RUSHING or giving them away for FREE tempts predators, like this woman, to make use of them. By rescuing strays, or keeping pets, we indirectly put on ourselves the obligation of securing PROPER future for them. It's in OUR hands. And for the times that we forsake them, we're the ones who have to pay. Emotionally and in many other ways etc.

P.S: GOD BLESS Sherrina and the other IPR members/press for putting themselves through all the trouble and helping out with this situation. Without them, none of this would've been possible. And also, many thanks to PF members, for all the notifications, and for all their support through the past few distressing days.

Thank you ALL!!