View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Animal Lover

Asyadeta is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Guinea Pig Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post
Hi there..

Ur baby GP is look like a texel breed for me.. Very cute! Its very good that u did some research before this on this super cute creatures!

To make ur gp comfortable with u, selalu la main dengan dia..bagi nama cepat3..hehe..senang nak pnggil kn..lama3 dia akan biasa...

As for sneezing, some sneezing is normal for guinea pigs but, excessive sneezing could be the sign of a respiratory complaint. Anyway, if u find or see any discharges from the nose, or the guinea pig regularly wiping its nose, it is most likely related to a respiratory or sinus infection. So, i think it is recommended to bring this lil baby to the vet.

For the food, u can visit here..very much info u can gain from here..
HTML Code:
http://jackiesguineapiggies.com/fruitandveg.html
bukan pasal food saja..banyak lagi info u boleh dapat..tapi nak remind 1 je..hay sgt3 penting untuk GP..

Potty train mmg jarang nak berjaya la utk GP actually..tapi kalau berjaya..sgt best..sbb tak payah bersihkan taik byk3 sangat..huhuh..kene mencuba & terus mencuba..

Pasal kurap pulak, ubat ape yg awak dh beli tu ye? beli kt mane? cuba search dekat internet psl ringworm on guinea pigs..If i'm not mistaken, there is a jab giving for guinea pig having ringworm/mite/lice..but, tak sure sgt pasal nih..tp u boleh try Malaseb syampoo as its very good for fungal infection..tapi 8 weeks macam sgt kecik lagi..takot shock plak kne air..

Better u bawak pergi vet kot..good luck!
Yeah at first I thought it's a texel breed. But the petstore told me that it's really peruvian breed. Maybe because her hair is still short? Or the petstore didn't took a really good care of her. It's kinda obvious since she has this ringworm thingy on her right ear, nose and or her back and she seems like to have a flu. But i think she has the sinus infection. She seems to wiping her nose regularly.. Tapi kalau memang texel breed, I'm lucky then! Texel mahal, kan? Rm300++

I did a research and they all said that I should bring her to the vet. I have this anti-fungal cream the pet store told me to buy because she said my GP has a fungal on her ears. Looks more like a ringworm to me. Tak berani lagi la nak mandikan dia sebab she's still a baby.. So maybe esok pergi cari cream for ringworm as suggested on the internet..

Thanks for your info :D