View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Animal Lover

Divas is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

As i don't visit petfinder forum as often as i should i have only just stumbled across this thread.

I wanted to say (as a grooming salon that doesn't sell pets) how heart warming it is to see so many people actively supporting this cause. I personally (along with my business partner and my husband) am very against BYB's and shops that support them. I feel that the role of a groomer or pet shop owner is to help support pet owners make the best decisions for their pets and to constantly educate themselves to do so to the best of their ability. Time and time again I am appalled and ashamed of the pet industry and how low some people will stoop to make a quick buck while betraying the trust given to them by their customers.

I can also honestly tell you that being a pet related business that doesn't sell pets is tough work. Because of this it really means a lot to see the general public starting to understand where puppies and kittens in pet shops really come from and support shops that don’t supply pets.

I have been trying to think of ways to get the message off the internet and available to the general public for quite a while. Eventually I hope to have my shop profitable enough to use some of the profits to start distributing posters and flyers as well as post ads in pet magazines to spread awareness as far around Malaysia as possible. Perhaps also opening a booth in the pet fairs would also help spread awareness to the public.

In the last 2 years I have been so busy running the shop (as well as taking care of my own furkids) that I have had little time to work on this (i guess you could call hobby?) but hopefully in the future life will free up a bit and I can take a more active role in the movement especially as their are others working towards the same goal (whenever i thought things to do before, it always seemed very overwhelming and i don't know where to start). If there is anything I can do to better support this movement, please let me know.

For now i will leave you with...

...A huge thank you on behalf of myself and all dogs past, present and future to all of you (especially DIMB for starting this movement), sincerely, from the bottom of my heart.