View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What sort of cat food to feed your cat/kitten?

thanks for the bouquets...where are the brickbats? :-P

actually, my cats taught me this, at their own expense. i went through the whole cycle from supermarket generics (tesco, jusco, carrefour, giant, you named it, i've bought it), premium brands like purina, friskies, smarthearts, and others in like category, super premium brands like royal canin, sciencehill and other like brands in this categories, blackwood, back to basics, additions, orijen, natural balance and others super super premium in this category...you named it, my poor kittens had been tested on it.

the result - the article i wrote - taught to me by my own kittens.

i/'d also like to share my knowledge and experience with all cat owners otu there, especially newbies and greenhorns like me. this way, they'll have a better and smootehr start with their kittens. ;

i believe no person is born deliberate mean and evil. sometimes we act the way we do out of unintentional ignorance and lack of awareness (cos malaysia is not exactly known as a country of good animal rights track record and legislation unlike other western countries).

so if one person is given the correct knowledge and information and provided with correct and proper guidance, i'm sure this person will want to act in the best interest of the animal companion.

actually this article is the shortened version of the one i posted up at www.vet.com.my. my sis commented that my original article was like a grandma story so i just edited out lots of stuff, give all the punches here and make it 'short but sweet'.

hope this really helps new potential adopters out there to make a better and informed choice.

one last word (my famous line) - try not to be penny-wise but pound-foolish!

sorry for being so military about it but i belief it's my occupation that trained me like this... hahaha..

i'd like to listen to other people's experience too so i too can learn from them and make it better for my cats.

regards
ashley