View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:26 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Dog Friendly Restaurant, Please come visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
As his regular vet is closed today, we took him to Dr Prem at Gasing Veterinary Hospital, recommended by a friend.

He has a fever. His temperature reading is 39.8 degrees Celcius. Dr Prem said since he's an indoors cat, he will not do any blood tests unless his temperature reading shot above 40 degrees. He has given Blackie some antibiotics and has asked me to monitor Blackie's temperature. He said if Blackie's temperature were to continue to climb by tomorrow morning, I am to give him a call and rush Blackie back to the hospital for blood tests.
Ah, I'm glad you found Dr. Prem! Before he moved into the wilds of PJ, he used to run the Brickfields vet clinic, which is where I met him. He and his cohort, Dr. Ada, saw Maneki through a persistent bacterial infection in her gut, and they saved a friend's cat when she mistakenly sprayed it with permethrin flea spray. I think the world of Dr. Prem and his associates, and I have faith that they'll see Blackie through this misadventure.

In the meantime, I'm sure you look charming in your white nurse's uniform, rushing here and there with antibiotics and salmon sashimi, fluffing 007's pillows...!

Sorry to have gotten off topic here, folks. Maybe we can all meet at Palette Palate one day to toast our good health. I'm truly glad to read about it and the other pet-friendly restaurants in the thread.