View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:17 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Kelab Kucing Malaysia

I don't know if my posting is in the right category but I would like to voice out my dissappointment with Kelab Kucing Malaysia.

For your information, I would like to enter my Munchkin which is registered under TICA. I know for a fact that the Munchkin breed is not recognized under FIFE or CFA as it is a mutant breed. However I would just like to enter the show for the fun of it irrespective winning or not.

Before I even registered, my cat was already a big issue with this so called club. I was informed that since my cat could not be registered under the pedigree section, it could not also be registered under the House Hold category as it would be considered as a pedigree by the Judges. So tell me, which category can I register my cat? I was also told that it would not be fair for the household cats participating if I registered my cat under the said section.

I then contacted the Vice President and voice out my concern and he informed me that :-

1) the show is not opened to public yet (but I know for a fact that it has been opened to the public)
2) that the judges would not judge my cat as it is consider a pedigree cat. Is this not BIAS? My cat has not even entered the show and yet it has been judged already.

So..if the cat is an Exotic Shorthair, American Shorthair, Persians etc but has no PEDIGREE CERT it will be considered as a Domestic Shorthair or Domestic Long Hair. But...... if they enter a show under Household they will still not be judged as they are considered pedigree? So which category will the pedigree cats but has no cert be categorized?

If I am not mistaken under HHP the cats will be judged on the way that the cat has been taken care of i.e. health, fur, cleanliness and beauty of the cats and not because of its breed.

The Vice President even commented 'Jangan marah kalo kucing you tak menang'. Hello...... my purpose of joining is for the fun of it... irrespective if my cat wins or not. Also, I would like show my cat to the public since it is a rare breed and rarely found in cat shows.

Then he also commented..... show ni adalah khas untuk AHLI SAHAJA so why open to the public to join if it is meant for Club members only?

I was also made to understand that the joining fee for members is RM25.00 per cat and for non members is RM30 and with an additional RM5.00 I can join the club as a member. But then the Vice President informed me that I had to pay double i.e. RM60.00 to participate and be a member as well. When I questioned him of the pricing, he rudely replied "You nak dengar kata Vice President ke atau orang lain". Is this the way a Vice President should answer someone who is interested to join the club and the show for gaining experience as well for the fun of it.

I and a few others have lost our interest to participate in this so called cat show. I don't want to waste my money to invest in a so called Cat Club that says they love cats but actually has a DESCRIMINATION to breeds that is NON PEDIGREE.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/