View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help with taming feral kittens

harro!! here's an update about my feral trio and their gatal mummy. i don't mean me btw. i mean their real cat mother!!

yes ashley, socks in on her way to a regular family life.. but she continues to be a challenge for the lady that adopted her. she still doesn't want to be touched and she still hisses. the only progress made is that she can pass by near her, and she won't run away.. and she'll come near enough to eat wet food off a spoon..

cocochino and mr fluffers are total opposites of each other. i can't understand it coz they are sharing the same experiences with me. so what makes one so hard to tame and the other so friendly? cocochino still won't let me hold him, touch him, pet him.. i can only pet him when he's eating and then he's so distracted he doesn't realize that i'm petting him.. when he does realize, he hisses and runs. he's totally driven by food. if i'm eating something he'll climb up next to me or onto my lap to steal it. otherwise he'd rather die than come near me.. he does let his guard down a bit when mr fluffers and i are cuddling togehter on the couch. then, he might come a bit near us and sit on the edge.. mr fluffers is now 100% tame. fully domesticated pet cat. he even lets other people pet him and carry him. he sleeps on my bed! follows me around the house. "helps" me with my chores (when i clean the litter box, he grabs the scooper.. when i sweep the floor he pounces on the broom).

i do have some wonderful news though. my boyfriend's sister wants to adopt cocochino. she thinks he's adorable and she doesn't mind the challenge. she says she's good with cats and can tame him. she doesn't mind that he's cranky, she has another cranky cat already. she doesn't want to adopt mr fluffers as well but i've decided that's ok. if you recall, i actually wanted cocochino and fluffers to be rehomed together but she lives in an apartment and already has one cat. i trust her, so i'm gonna take the chance. no one else is willing to adopt cocochino coz he's so wild. this might be our only opportunity to rehome him. i can't believe no one wants mr fluffers. he's so sweet. is it because he's a black cat? i don't get it..