View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Feeding My Kittens

Hi

Bareen is right - you may be a self-proclaim IT geek but you sure are knowledgeable like a vet.

I recalled my experience with fleas and Frontline. i'll share it with you here.

it can be applied on a kitten around 6-8 weeks old - what you can do is to spray and damp/wet a cotton pad/ball and use it to wipe the kitten - going against the fur to get it on the skin, do it for all over including underneath the body with focus on underarms - under the tight, stomach and near the anus and around under the neck, behind the ears, especially where concentration of "blood vessels" is higher.

take care to avoid kitten's face.

for more effective treatment/control, use advantage combined with frontline. advantage will kill the fleas that suck the cat's blood as advantage is absorb into the cat's body. frontline can kill on contact with fleas and larvaes and do something to the eggs so to break the cycle.

when using advantage - it is important that it is applied on a cat 3 days after the cat is bathed and/or the cat can only be bathed 3 days after it is applied - reason being the medication needs the oil found on the cat's fur and skin to act as a medium to stick onto the cat where over 2-3 days it will be absorbed into the cat's bloodstream -

after bathing, it will take approximately 2-3 days for the cat's natural oil to appear and distribute evenly all over its fur and skin from the cat's grooming.

hence 3 days after a bathing session and 3 days after application to bathe the cat.

advantage cannot be applied to a kitten except when it is about 4 months of age and above.

to know more, please read this article i shared at this thread :

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...t=flea+control