Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfan View Post
Sometimes if we do not do our part in highlighting to you what is on the other side, you would not be aware of how and what public faces and feels when they are in distress themselves seeking for SPCA’shelp. SPCA as it stands Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. Its obvious a lot of new naïve animals lovers will seek their assistance and advise.The picture painted on SPCA is what they think the initial stands for. Children are not aware of what is happening inside. IF only you were there to explain what would and could happen, new animal lovers will not be so disappointed and they will have to accept reality of life though it may take time to digest it.

In your course of your noble duties you are bound to face numerous negativity.I believe more will write in especially from the new breed of animals lovers. So are you going to be so defensive all the time?I know your job is a tough one but new and naïve animals lovers will always seek SPCA help please guide them,give alternatives,solutions, suggestions but do not leave them stunned.

Do you prefer not to know what the public faces? Will that make SPCA a better place for the animals if disappointments are not known?
Dear Smfan,

*sigh* ... i wish i was there... too. Please do not blame the staff at the shelter for what had happened... frankly, i started off being a volunteer. Without knowing them at the beginning, things were really blurry... BUT, as my mum and dad told me... do not believe in FIRST IMPRESSION. In order to know a person or in this case, to know the organization, it will take a lot of observations, learning and understanding... then we will know why things or people react / ed the way they do. Am not going to explain further... since i was one of the people who does not understand "them" before. BUT... i choose not to judge and always believe there is a cause to an action. Therefore, i choose to observe, learn and understand... resulting to my interest in joining the organization... THE ANIMALS NEED HELP... I may not make a big difference, but it helps a little... Giving them love and identify which one is suitable for which human...

Public does not like the animals to be euthanized... but have they ever thought of taking the animals out of the shelter in order to rescue them? Its easier said than done. The worst part is, there will be some people who will actually stop others from going to the SHELTER(s) because they disagree with us putting down of the animals. NOT WANTING TO COME TO THE SHELTERS MAKE US THE REAL KILLERS... WORST STILL, WE KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING AND WE STILL LET IT HAPPEN...

We need more of these angry people to come to the shelter to rescue those poor animals. That's what they should be doing. Believe you me, we welcome all with good intention, angry or not.

Smfan, please tell the lady not to be taken aback by the incident... i believe the incident resulted to a positive out come... it survived and in good hand(?). I pray so...

Dear readers,

It is not an easy task to be a responsible rescuers. It takes a lot of strength and courage. Alright, to all new rescuers, please plan each and every step before rescuing any animals. There is a lot to learn... we must make sure the animal is given medical attention, if needed... where to go for the medical attention (must have a list of vets in hand... especially the nearest to you. REMEMBER, SPCA is not a clinic), how long or can you care for the animal before re homing them, do you have space for another animal, if not... who can or where can you board it (SPCA IS NOT A BOARDING CENTER... oh ya! just to add in, SPCA DOES NOT CATCH STRAYS. WE FETCH THEM IF YOU MANAGE TO CATCH... or else the Municipal Council will have to do it.)? How much will it cost to board? CAN WE AFFORD IT? Will there be any friends who would agree to pool some monies, or is there a person who is willing to sponsor our rescued animal/s? Is the animal a lost dog / cat. Advertised if they are lost animals, put up posters here and there... Is there any micro chipping? How and where to trace the microchip.... etc., etc....

LASTLY, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY... DO WE HAVE A POTENTIAL ADOPTER / GOOD HOME? OR ELSE WE WILL END UP WITH MORE AND MORE ANIMALS AT OUR OWN HOME... UNLESS WE CAN AFFORD IT...

In future, it would be better for someone having problems or difficulties with SPCA to send an e-mail or call us rather than posting it in the forum... therefore your problem will go straight to us instead having to go through a grape vine. It will be more pleasant, we could maintain the peacefulness (and i won't be defensive ) and the animals won't be the victims... know what i mean...

Here is the number to call: 03 42535312
E mail to: annbandlow@gmail.com

Till then... have a good day rescuing the strays and abandoned animals...

SHAHRUL BAHARIN

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...