View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Cat Slave

Fareen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IMPORTANT: Read this before you bring a new kitten/cat home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adila View Post
Wow blackie, u have posted something really useful and yet interesting to read!

I really appreciate your effort in opening our eyes and hearts. I should let my friend read this, because she has adopted a kitten and will take her home this weekend...and of course will keep this post somewhere else so that I won't forever lost it!

After preparing all her needs, giving her much love and gaining each other's trusts, I seem to be having a hard time to get my existing cats and the new one to get along. Would u please share any idea of making this less stressful both for me and my pets.

I've tried a lot of methods advised from many people but it seems like they haven't work, or might it will never work....I always dreams of Zara, Jasmine and the new Houbie will one day run around, messing up my house, sharing toys and meals together. I've learnt that it might take a few days (just like Zara and Jasmine was introduced to each other) or month, even years for the cats to get along well. I can't bear to see both Jasmine (8 months female Turkish Angora) and Houbie (3 months male Persian) feeling stressed with each other. My first cat Zara (10 months mixed female Persian) gets along with both of them well, being a charismatic disaster leader she's always playful and initiates games or to destroy my furnitures, books, decorations activities blah blah blah. And only either Jasmine or Houbie alone would follow suit.

I would love to hear more ideas in getting pets liking and trusting each other.

Hi Adilla,

I feel for you.....Introducing a new cat/kitten into a household that currently already has cats can be stressfull. May I ask how long have you had Houbie and what are the methods you've tried to integrate him with Zara and Jasmine?

Proud mummy of Sophie / Dexter / Yuki / Heidi / Optimus

Feed your cats BARF!
www.catnutrition.org