View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Animal Lover

priesha is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dog School in Kuantan

hI..

First of all thanks for keeping this topic active, hope it will generate more interest on the public to your questions, here are some of the SHORT answers, my apologies to you and others if I am wrong, but I will try my best to answer the questions.

1)what is Kuantan Animal Rescue and Education, how the organize can differ for rescue and education?
Kuantan Animal Rescue and Education or KARE in short is a non-profitable organization set up by a group of animal lovers in Kuantan. It was a community project initiated under Persatuan Sejahtera Kuantan (PSK).

The number of stray animals increasing significantly in Kuantan area but the public awareness on it was still lacking so, KARE was initiated to rescue and care for the abondoned and stray animals and at the same time, promote(educate) and nuture a kind and loving society.

We are more into tackling the root course of the stray issues which can be solved by spaying and neutring the cats and dogs in the hope that we would be able to reduce the number of stray animals gradually.

2)the question Rescue, what is that? pet adoption?
Education? training for dog?

Rescue = Help stray animals & the abondoned by getting them off from the street and deworm them, vaccinate and spay..and try to find them new home
Education = To create public awareness on stray issues and about caring for pets

3)how come this two have connection together?

Rescuing alone will not solve the issue of stray animals, in fact it will create more and more as people will start dumping their pets when they develop skin problems or when they dont want them anymore thinking that they will be other organizations which will handle the issue..Educating public about stray issues, about caring for pets and the importance of spaying will go a long way in reducing the number of strays. We wanna tackle the problem from the root course.

Last edited by priesha; 04-13-2009 at 12:19 PM.