View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Animal Lover

phatgurl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How people see against Dog.

My new neighbour next door has a big, tame dog. Although I'm a Muslim, I don't mind about it as long as she is taken care of and do not make much loud noise. I even feel sorry for the dog because she's left out in the porch everyday. I never see the owner taking her out for a walk and last weekend when they were not at home for 2 days, their dog was left with some food and it was finished within a day so she has no food left on the second day. That time my husband and I felt like buying some dog food for her. Since it's raining season she sometimes sleep in the rain and cold with a sad face. Pity her.

Fyi, as Muslims, we're not allowed to have any contact with dogs if they are wet, e.g. wet fur, wet tongue, wet nose, etc but if we did there's still a way to clean our hand / body. Some people however being over reacted about this because they do not want to clean their hand / body (it's a long process) and I have to admit that many parents taught their children to stay away from dogs... so they're already brainwashed. I also disagree with this kinda behaviour but we can't change people perception directly.

Hope you have understood the situation and hopefully we could respect each other about this matter. Although I love cats, dogs are indeed adorable animals