View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Exclamation Re: FaceBook - Display PetFinder In Main Profile

To those who've added the PetFinder.my Facebook Application, you might have noticed that with Facebook's latest upgrade, the animal profiles are no longer directly displayed at the main profile page - it's moved to the Boxes tab instead, which I believe most visitors will never notice.

To make it more effective, I've just implemented a simple PetFinder box which you can display within your main profile page.

Below are the steps:
  1. For those that have not added the application, please follow the Installaton instructions here first
  2. Go to your Facebook profile's Boxes tab
  3. Find the PetFinder box, and click on the Pencil Edit icon at the upper right corner of it
  4. Click on the option Move To Wall
  5. Once done, a mini PetFinder box will appear at the left side of your Wall page, featuring a random pet for adoption that is automatically updated every hour

The good thing is the PetFinder is now visible directly at your profile; bad thing is that the box allowed by Facebook is so small that it is only sufficient to feature 1 animal, as opposed to the unlimited number displayed within the Boxes tab. So, it's up to you

To see it in action, you can view my Facebook profile:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=690486629

Let me know if you have any problems.