View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:55 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: California's Spay & Neuter Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
actually furkids, a lot of forumers do need convincing. the regulars such as yourself are familiar with this issue and already enforce it with your own pets. however, there are still tons of people here, in petfinder, that DO NOT NEUTER THEIR PETS.

i don't know how many times i have seen people putting up threads such as "looking for gf for my cat" or "wanna breed my dog" and blah blah blah... i even get people trying to adopt my foster animals and asking why do they have to neuter the animal?

i don't know about you, but for me, all this ignorance is really really irritating.
Yea lah, Lynette, you memang right about this group and feeling rightly so. But sometimes, it is not out of pure ignorance but self-centredness and vainity and they plain don't really care for the animal, they just treat it like a cute teddy bear.

And then they go producing hundreds of kittens and cats in the neighbourhood which are taken and dumped to another place (streets/longkangs) either by themselves or irate neighbours who find the cats a nuisance because of the so-called owners' lack of responsibility.

And the cats that are produced explosively in the neighbourhood are starved, beaten or dumped. For those not dumped, sympathetic animal caregivers find it very difficult to feed them. We feed them in an attempt to befriend them so that we can tangkap them for TNR. But short-sighted and hostile neighbours insist on starving them to death to make them go away or disappear. Right now I am not in very good mood because baru had an exchange with a neighbour who believes the animals should be starved to death!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by AndyKoh; 03-05-2009 at 01:52 AM.