View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: California's Spay & Neuter Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
ahhhh you're right.. all the articles i've read say the law is difficult to enforce. its basically the responsiblity of the pet owner to obey the law

but one thing that i liked is that animal control authorities that go around picking up dogs and cats wandering around have a right to neuter/spay those animals whether they have collars and licenses or not. so if your pet is wandering around and its not been fixed, the authorities can and will fix it before contacting owners
Over here, the animal control authorities also go round picking up dogs and cats wandering around whether they have collars and licenses or not. So the first half of the effort memang dah tercapai lah ...

However, instead of spay/neuter, they snap their necks or dunk them in the pool till they die.

So, considering this, how easy or difficult is it to implement what they do luar negeri over here? Do you think our citizens are going go beserk and mount a protest over the different more humane method of animal population control? How much process change needed? $$$ is definitely saved because spay/neuter puts some $$ back into the taxpayers' pockets. I'll go ask my 5 year old nephew whether it makes sense.....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies