View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:56 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Cutie Pet Fair - Oct 9 & 10, 2010

Dear Members,

Cutie Pet Fair is back again! Below are the details of the event:

Event: Cutie Pet Fair 2010
Date: October 9 & 10, 2010 (Saturday & Sunday)
Time: 10am - 6pm

Organized by Petster Magazine, Cutie Pet Fair is one of the largest pet adoption drives with the participation of major pet-related NGOs. There will be many merchant exhibitor booths as well, and you can even bring along your pets and take part in lots of fun challenges!

PetFinder.my will be participating in the event. Our activities are pretty simple, basically the showcasing of our website's list of pets for adoption via computers, distribution of our PetFinder.my brochure cards and promotion of pet adoption to visitors. Our volunteers will also be involved in assisting other NGO booths in taking care of the pets for adoption.

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please PM me your date and time of availability, your name, email and contact number (don't directly post your personal info as a reply here to protect your privacy).

Post-Event Update
The event completed smoothly, with everybody having a great time. The adoptions were not many - about 10 only, possibly due to most of the crowd already being pet owners, and some NGOs focusing more on raising funds. Saturday left many of us with sunburns due to the scorching sun, while Sunday's sudden downpour turned everything around, giving us cool fresh air throughout the day, with crowds freely flowing in.

Our PetFinder.my "Cybercafe" booth showcased the website with 3 laptops and distributed our PetFinder.my card which consists of our website's details, as well as a list of animal welfare groups' contact information.

We would like to thank our list of hardworking volunteers, in alphabetical order: Christine Chong, Hiba, Hun Beng, Josiah Sua, Kathlin Lee, Mun, Sarah Joy, Shan Hui, Siew Leng & Friend, Stacie Lim and Wen Chuan. Sorry if we missed out or misspelled any names!

A special thanks to Hun Beng for always being the earliest to arrive, help us setup the booth and providing us with all three laptops.

And we now have our youngest team of volunteers - Josiah, Sarah Joy and Stacie of ages 11 and 12. Keep up the good work, and continue to set an excellent example to your friends!

Last but not least, thank you to Charlene and Vivien for dropping by and giving us their utmost support!

Enjoy the Event Photos - View Our Facebook Album!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=48848050023

Warriors of Animal Welfare - A happy but exhausted team of volunteers from PetFinder.my, Paws Mission, SAS and IPR.

If only there were a sentimental song accompanying this scene, it'd surely wet the eyes of passer-bys

"Grr... damn hot weather man.. I need an ice-cream to cool down!"

Pretty princess meets prince charming. Do they live happily ever after?

More photos at our Facebook album!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 10-11-2010 at 05:44 PM.