View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 04:47 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
And she did look into it, I might add! I notice that one day after I raised the question, the adoption fees for SPCA cats listed on Petfinder dropped to RM150.

Now, we might still wonder if even that is a reasonable amount, but we should all remember that Mrs. Dolittle is not a paid member of the SPCA staff. This is not her decision to make. She is a volunteer who is giving her time and effort, doing heart-breaking work and still managing to address questions posed here. Why? It's not because she's devoted to SPCA, but because she wants to re-home more animals. I may still have some issues with the organization, but I truly respect the work that she, as an individual, is doing, and her presence can only improve SPCA.

No matter what frustrations we have with SPCA Selangor, the fact remains that it is still probably the #1 dumping ground for strays and pets, and I really admire this lady's efforts to get those animals out of there.
Nicely put Maneki,

Mrs. Dolittle is representing SPCA here on this forum.. so please treat her with respect. It's ok to raise issues and I am sure she's doing an excellent job answering all the issues raised.... But please be respecful as well..

For those of you who would like to see Malaysia adopt certain policies like TNRs, please vote during the next election. Vote animal lovers into office... the best way to deal with big changes would be to make new policies and laws.... If you keep voting the same way, or not at all (as with most malaysians, we complain but when it comes time to vote, we either vote the same way, or not bother to vote at all, then next cycle, we complain again), then don't expect any changes, and stop complaining.