Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Animal Lover

sportycat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Potty Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheng_see View Post
hi Weetingtan,

First there is 2 options ..

1) to keep puppy in a cage that is large enough for it to move around but not large enough for it to make a bathroom attach to poo and pee.
However some puppies are just to young to hold for so many hours when owners are away for long hours thus u may want to do option 2.
2) use a play pen that is large and have a corner with newspaper. However I understand that your puppy chew and play with the newspaper. You may want to try using a potty pan to 'clip' down the newspaper , thus making it difficult for the puppy to chew on it. (pls see attach photo of the potty pan and sample set up). Note: dogs sometimes choose to pee/poo on different surface materials eg some prefer absorbent material such as newspaper, floor mat while some prefer grass and some prefer floor surface . You got to first find out the surface material your puppy prefers.
Also note: Besides newspaper some people choose to use floor mats and wash it daily.You may also use wee wee pads (you can use the doggies ones or use those use for humans) or you may buy sintatic grass .
by the way , have you downloaded my free potty training e-map ?
http://www.dogsworld.net

All the best ;-)
Hi! that a really good tip... were can i get tat grill in the picture? my Pomeranian is 2 months. He will bark at nite because it wanted to pee. is really tiring for me to wake up 3am every day just to let me out to pee... i hope you could tell me were can i purchase tat.. TQ