View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A happy go lucky three legged stray in need of a loving home?

I was out again last night, it took a while before my three legged doggy came along, I was walking around a bit to try and find him, and saw more packs of dogs, they seemed quite happy, in a way it was quite warming to see that most of their tales were all a wagging! From what I've seen so far, I would say that there are around 50 to 60 stray dogs in this area, probably more... I don't know if that is typical, some of them would start barking when they saw me approach from a distance, but most seemed to be, shy, weary, and looking relatively happy, although also muddy, and I am sure in need of warm loving bath and home!

Another thing I saw, an owner of a shop lot locks his two dogs in a tiny, tiny cage at night, not sure if that is where they stay during the day too, I really hope not...

Back to my three legged doggy! I managed to feed him last night! He watched me put the canned food down, then I retreated quickly, he cautiously approached and ate the lot! I put some more down, he ate a bit and then hopped off, I guess he was not so hungry, which is good!

I've only seen this dog alone, the other dogs don't bother him either, will go out again tonight to feed!

Will contact Sabrina to enquire about FFF too! Hope this doggy can have a happy life there!

It's a nice thought that the other doggies will protect the weaker ones, but I know, unfortunately, the opposite can be true as well... like you said, a lot can depend on how much competition there is for resources, like food, at least here, food seems to be abundant, if not warm loving hearts to care for these strays, dogs and cats alike...