View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 06:10 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: URGENT: Oprah on Astro 30-Oct-08

Hi lynielime,

Yup, those are the links. Maybe its not 100% complete but it contains vital information. ;-) Ferreted, if you cannot view the Oprah show, try out lynielime links.

Hi ashleywong,

I remember asking the same question myself a long time ago. Since Oprah made a show out of it, it helps in many ways.

If you look at the papers, its the same with everything, don't you think so! Example the Eurocopter deal, first its on, then its off, then on again, then off again and it seems never ending! Sheer waste of newspaper space! I for 1 couldn't care if Malaysia got those choppers, cause it will simply crash them in time to come!

Its very similar to Roti Prata or Roti Canai mentality, flip once and flip again, then you flip again and just keeping on flipping until everything flops! Flip Flop Policy!

Back to your Q, yes there is something that can be done. So harden up your heart and focus on the task at hand, only then you will see things which is normally missed by many.

Jeff

P/S: I wonder why this did not appear on this forum! Perhaps I've missed the thread and I should say I am sorry. Otherwise, everyone should TUNE IN and make the best of the situation that had presented itself on the silver platter!

Bigger shelter for strays in Selayang
Halim Said and Dawn Chan

SELAYANG: A new and bigger shelter for all kinds of domestic animals will be built at the Rawang Integrated Industrial Park.

It will have 21 kennels and cages for dogs, cats, cows, goats and birds. It will be built by Selayang Municipal Council at a cost of RM250,000.

Council's environmental health assistant officer Zulkifli Ariffin said the shelter will be open by the end of this year.

He said the present dog pound -- the size of which is less than one eighth of a football field -- in Bandar Baru Selayang will continue operation until the end of the year.

"We are moving to the new shelter as the present one is built on Tenaga Nasional Berhad land and will soon be used for development by Selangor Development Corporation," he said.

Apart from giving temporary shelter, the pound will also have a pet re-homing programme.

It will also house a clinic called Klinik Kembiri offering neutering and spaying services for pets at a low cost.

"The clinic will be fully manned by the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Selangor (SPCA) but they will have to operate within the council bylaws," said Zulkifli.

He said until July this year, the council had caught about 2,600 stray dogs.

Sadly, Zulkifli said the dogs had to be put to sleep after seven days as no one had come forward to claim them.

Pet owners reclaiming their dogs have to pay a fine of RM100 each. So far, only 39 owners have come to reclaim their pets.

Zulkifli said the problem of stray dogs in the municipality was under control. He added that the council will act on complaints about strays from the public.

SPCA chairman Christine Chin commended the council for building a new kennel.

"We are surprised by the council's change of heart. We have been writing to the council to take the spay-and neuter-approach. We are excited that the council has finally agreed," she said.

Chin said the SPCA will begin drafting its model of the clinic based on humane factors.

She added that the SPCA will aid the council with advice on how to manage the shelter as well as hold public awareness programmes to prevent over-breeding of pets.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 11-05-2008 at 06:23 PM.