Thread: Tortoises!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Animal Lover

peeG is on a distinguished road
Red face Tortoises!

ok, i don't know what tortoise classifies under, so i guess its under "aquariums?!" . xD

anyway. i have two tortoises, my friend got me one (male) about 2-3years ago? and another (female) few months later. supposedly one is a male and one is a female, but i'm not really sure as i have no idea how to identify their genders, sometimes i feel that they are both males! okay so, i usually feed them "pallets" from pet shop coz i'm not really sure what veggie they eat! i know lar, so stoopid right? as a owner. HAHA. BUT, i know of 2-3 ppl who tortoises dies after a few months kay! i wonder what they did wrong -_-, they made it sound as if the tortoise is so fragile while looking after mine was a breeze! anyway the "male" one is about hand size now and the "female" is palm size! and they live in a "storage box", currently looking for a bigger sized one as they are growing bigger by the day. oh! and should i put the water level below their shells, above, or wayyyy above? and one more thing, they have really LONG nails, im wondering should i leave them be or cut them shorter? if so, what do i cut it with and how? cuz i dont wanna hurt them! hmm.

so er, does anyone here have tortoises? mind sharing some tips or advice? maybe even pictures!

thanks in advance! i'll upload them pictures of my tortoises soon!

Last edited by peeG; 11-05-2008 at 05:26 PM. Reason: typo