View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone using Wimax here?

KL had internet connection since the mid-80s? Is it Internet or Intranet??

I thot Internet was only available in 1993 or 1994 when AIMS first brought it to the Malaysian shores?? They partnered with Jaring as AIMS provided the raw KLSE feed to KLSE's servers and felt it was easier to have Internet than using Intranet which everyone was using then.

For home-users it was dial-up through the copper telephone wires, while corporate companies could opt for a leased line connection which cost an arm and a leg, not like today, where it cost only a fraction of what it used to be.

Hmm..... *scratch head* let me go ask the man responsible for what I thought was the first Internet service. Will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
Mr Double Oh Seven, if you can remember, our old office already had internet connection when you were there.

In fact, we had internet connection in the mid-80s but it was analog. Digital was not heard of yet then. Believe me, you could nod off when it went dialling 'kedek...kedek...kedek...and then...toot meaning either it was engaged or not connected. And had to keep on trying and trying (had to send the articles). In the end, we just took the disk and walked to HQ.

So you see, even the slowest at 20plus or 30plus KB (which I was using 2 years ago) is still faster than what I had and did years ago.