View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Jamal,

I agree with some of what you said, and disagree with others.

Ok, what I agree....the part about starting a donation from breeders. Please start a new thread on this(this thread is about stopping the unethical breeding), and this is what we can do.

01) Gather all the breeders in that thread. Talk to them. Educate them on ethical breeding.
02) Get commitment from them to donate RM100 a month to this tabung for strays.
03) Form an NGO, because only NGOs can collect donations.
04) Then, gather volunteers to help in the TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release) project, because TNR is effective.
05) (more suggestions can be discussed at the new thread to be started by Jamal)

I disagree that we can't stop kucing terbiar. Maybe we can't stop it in our lifetime, but if we educate everyone, down to our children, grandchildren, one day, there will be no kucing terbiar.

Why do I feel so strongly about all this unethical breeding and owners not neutering their pets?

Because, I always see a lot of kucing terbiar at Pasar Borong, Selayang. When I feed them, the fierce ones will bite the timid ones. There's one, muka tercakar, berdarah at the 7-11, and I cried when I saw this poor little kitten.

And I've also seen, twice, very young kittens crouching in fear in the middle of busy main roads.....I had to stop my car and pick them up or they'll be hit by the cars. The poor little dears were crying for their meowmmies....

And I also disagree about the BYB not contributing to the number of strays. The BYBs have a tendency to mate a DLH with another DLH. When you mix a DLH with anohter DLH, there's a chance you get a DSH. I read it somewhere before. Will post it here once I find those articles again.

So, cannot sell DSH, what happens? Kucing terbiarlah.

And let's not forget....the living conditions of the breeding cats in the BYB and kitten mills. Do you want to live your life in a small little cage for the rest of your life, and never ever set foot outside your cage??

So, let's come back to the topic of this thread. And I look forward to the new thread you'll be starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal View Post
kalau u all nak stopkan kucing terbiar tu manakan boleh.....sama seperti kite nak stopkan rasuah......tak boleh langsung kebarangkalian adalah 0. nak kurangkan maybe boleh!!!!.Bukan masalah tak cuba tak tau........u all dah mati pun masalah tu masih ada. masalah kucing terbiar ni dari kite belum lahir pun sudah ada. Mereka adalah haiwan rimba.....so hukum rimba telah dibawa ke alam manusia so mereka kena bersaing untuk hidup....so yang tak tahan akan kurus dan mati.

kalau u all nak hentikan masalah kucing terbiar ni boleh tapi mustahil....iaitu dengan menggerakkan semua orang kat malaysia ni tangkap kucing2 yang dijumpai....samada hantar ke pusat haiwan seperti SPCA atau dilupuskan. jika ditempatkan kesemua kucing tu kat SPCA manakan muat.....beribu oiii sapa nak sponcer makanan....so masalah ni kenalah orang yang memperjuangkan kucing terbiar nie selesaikan...cadangan saya ialah kumpulkan breeder2 ni rasa saya beribu orang...setiap bulan seorang keluarkan RM100...so kalau seribu orang dah RM100,000 ade berani. kata orang kuat kucing, takkan sebulan keluar Rm100 pun tak bolehhhh. sekali lunch kat Sturbuck pun dah hampir-hampir Rm100. so SPCA pun tak de lah masalah lg.

Last edited by blackie007; 06-19-2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: to add....