View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Britains Got Talent

Oh no! Then I've met you before! You were that very old, wrinkled prune, almost bent double, sitting in a corner at McDonald's Bangsar last night ---- you couldn't chew the burger, and asked the staff to bring you a blender whereupon you just chucked everything into it, liquidfied it and drank it with a straw!!!

Hahaha....for an old man of 105 years, you certainly have an amazing memory....I don't really remember what the stage setup is anymore, and I'm only.....wait, let me go check my profile and see how old I'm supposed to be......hang on....be back to continue soon.

ok, I'm back. I'm only 86 years old but I feel like a centanarian, at least.

Hmmm......but this isn't the first time they hear her, is it? I mean, if it's anything like American Idol, by the time they appear on stage, they would have been auditioned in their home town, or a place nearest their home town where the judges went to audition them.

Simon and gang would have gone to various parts of UK to hold auditions, and from her accent, she sounds Scottish, so she would have sang for them in Edinburgh?? Anyway......

Yeah!! Doesn't this song just make you want to get up and sign up for the army or something??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Gosh! You know what, maybe I'm older than 75 then? Because my original set of false dentures have decayed away already and my mouth is far too prune to take another pair! Let alone anyone else's! This now makes me very happy to be at least 105 years old!!

The Norwegian version is nice, but the costumes and stage are more extravagant in the London version, as I remember anyway!

You know, what caught my attention was how the judges were really ripping into her before she sang, albeit in a very subtle understated way, check especially their expressions, especially those of Piers Morgan and Simon, and Simon's "Wow" tone and expression when she wiggles her hips!

To top that, the shear sarcasm in Simon's voice when he says "It's a big song" to her when she tells him that she wants to sing "I dreamed a dream" and note again how Piers Morgan reacts to this with a snigger and laugh and a smile of an expression behind which says "Yeah, I know that, you know that, but does she know that, who is this person anyway, just look at her, she doesn't really look like a person to have any talent what so ever..."

I really think they would find it hard to react in all those subtle tell, tail ways if they already knew what she could do before hand....

Having said that I think Ant and Dec knew before hand, I really liked Ant's or is it Dec's (the blonde one anyway) dignified reaction when she first sang and the camera cut to them, he simply looks into the camera and closes his eyes and opens them again with a slight nod of the head, full of genuine warmth... out of all the reactions, I think his was the best, and really heart felt...

Gosh! How could I type so much on the judges reactions! Any way's...

Here's to singing.... "Do you hear the people sing.." at full volume to give me goosebumps all over! Embedded version below!

Last edited by blackie007; 04-21-2009 at 11:18 PM. Reason: to continue after checking what's my age....