View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Animal Lover

AbbysMom is on a distinguished road
Wink Remedy/cure for itchiness in Dogs

For dogs who scratch a lot and have pink skin from itching and red hot spots please do this : soak 1 small white bowl of oats in a small amount of water 1 liter. 15 mins later pour on dog and rub n rub.the oat flakes act as an exfoliant n the water has selenium which soothes the skin.lubricates dry n flaky skin. Then rinse off with water. All dust n grime is removed this way.

Dogs will still scratch a lot as my dog was a stray for 7 months and ate from rubbish dumps.
So to stop scratching or ease her suffering , I made my own powder. sulphur flower powder n cornstarch. Mix 2 spoons of sulphur flower powder to 4 owns of cornstarch powder.mix properly.then add on small areas where dog scratches.

Sulphur flower powder I bought online in uk.its not the same as sulphur.

Wash all linen, dog towels, all her cloth she comes into contact with baby detergent wash...it has less chemicals.

Also after walks you can wipe her paws.sometimes there are grass mites etc and all this will aggravate her scratching....
This is what I do for my pooch. I noticed there are more dogs who have insufferable itching......I hope this helps