View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 11:18 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: She's so cunning!

i agree with you you lynielime.

what most people (who don't like animals one way or another) don't like is based on imposing their own standard of behaviour on animals.

i used to be a cat-hater too, i'm ashamed to say. i did my share of chasing and scolding and cursing stray cats who defacate on my property, made a mess of the plants and walls and generally bring ticks to my house. that was the old me. i don't know what happened to me. i've changed my view. i always say that i'm the lucky one, not my cats, i've been given another change to redeem myself. now that i have my own cats (how they totally changed my views 180 degree around - now i'm their champion should anyone so much as insult my cat), i do understand why cats do all that and why people dislike it.

i wish we have a law here that punishes the irreponsible owners who don't provide the basic needs of their pets (according to the natural requirement of each breed and type) and are therefore directly responsible for propagating the incorrect stereotyped view of 'animals - dirty bad, etc, ". for that, i don't mind taking to the streets if the need arises.

when i first moved into my current residence, the very first night we spent there, the alarm in the study was trigger, every night for like 3 nights in a row. we thought there were attempted break-ins until we found out it was a small rat or was it a small mouse? we managed to trap it. feelings were running high then - lynch the mouse, drown it, posion it, until i looked into its eyes. i realised i couldn't even bear to harm it as all it wanted was basic stuff just the same as want we want - warmth, shelter, food, safety. so i just growled at it (to impress upon him not to come to my house) and let it go at the big grassy area opposite my house. it must have been too scared and it fell into the drain. my sis was afraid it would drown so she "climbed" down into the drain to chase it up onto the grassy slope, many drivers slowed down to watch two "crazy" girls prowling around the drain!

who is this self-professed "malaysian dreamgirl"? she dreamed she's god's gift to humandkind or what? her heads always in the cloud or something? whether she's bragging or not, i think she must have a few loose wires up there (or maybe it's completely empty up there) to think that she will increase her appeal or popularity with such mean thoughts and words.