View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:00 AM
PetFinder Guru

jouhari is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toilet training issues

Hi,

I liked Meffy's strategy the most. Here is why.

1. being jailed sucks
2. we've obviously passed the intro stage.
3. Litter box in the bathroom might not work because floors might be wet. That doesn't help the cat.
4. I hope when you say sand, you mean kitty litter.

two ideas. Easy and hard

Easy.

Get the kitty a proper litter box (rm 25 wonderpets)and kitty litter. Proper litter box have a lip cover so the kitty litter will stay in there. If your problem was litter being spread everywhere this will solve it. a small carpet next to it helps them clean up, helps you clean up.It needs to have correct size and quantity Too small, and kitty might make a mess. Some might not even want to share! Keep it clean. If its dirty, they wont go there. these guys are clean animal most of the time yea?

Get proper kitty litter (RM22 9.5 kg bag at wonderpets). Lots of choices. I'm starting to like neo cat (good clump, good deodorant) . Use a proper pooper scooper. Its needs to have large handle. Doesnt bend when you press it against the box sides.. Large holes for litter to fall back in. (rm4.90 at petsmore) Saving ma :)

Hard

Train you cat to use human toilets.

Most cats like to hide their business. I guess you got a cat that doesnt mind sharing it's business to the rest of the world. Ironically I think that shows that the cat feels so safe and secured that it didn't need to hide his business. Spoilt little bugger huh? Get a dog to remind him HAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by junshue View Post
I know there's other threads/topics about this, but yeah, I have a kitten that still won't poo and pee in the litter box no matter what I do.

I admit, he's a fussy kitty, a drama king (he doesn't like ppl hugging him and etc, unless he is in the mood to). Well, one thing he at least learned, is to learn to sit, and stay away when I tell him to.

I can tolerate everything else that he does that annoys me, BUT doing his "business" everywhere. A lot of people gave advice and so on, and none of them worked. I really tried it all, and yet.. it failed. It's been 3 months since he got taken in, and to avoid him getting 'killed' by my parents, I desperately need him to get toilet trained. -.-''