View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 07:30 AM
Animal Lover

cmloo16 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Confused with MBSA ruling

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdas View Post
Hi!
With regrds to MBSA....first, dont be fearful of them. I had a similar prob with them 3yrs ago where i had a neighbour complain abt my dog...they didnt issue license for missing signature. This is how i managed it:

1. I contacted Msian dogs deserve better and my lawyer friend. They highlighted this to me
: We have a right as Msian citizens per MALAYSIAN ANIMAL LAW to own a dog each. Since u r in a bungalow...i think more than 1 is allowed.
: Council doesnt have the RIGHT to give you permission to own a dog...they issue us a license to confirm our dogs have been vaccinated. They have no right to take the dog away if the dog is within our hse compound...

2. VERY IMPORTANT for you to digest no1 and believe it with all your heart and be courageous!

3. Draft a letter to the Pengarah of MBSA and cc a copy to your area ADUN and Council Rep. State in your letter that yr neighbours complains are false and ask them to proof it. Usually they have no way to proof it if its a bluff...they are real bullies so dont fall for it. Be stern. Keep your dogs in your hse compound until all this blows over.( i can help you with the letter..if u have a lawyer friend who can help, even better!)

4. Send the letter by hand to the MBSA pengarah, ADUN and council rep.

5. Wait without fear but keep yr dogs safe.
Hope this helps.....
Please call me: 012.3808.191(Christine)....i can tell you more....if you need any help.

Am having the same problem now. My neighbour complained about excessive barking and my dogs dont even bark unless a stranger walks very near my gate (like standing in front) or if a stranger enters my immediate neighbour house. they dont even bark at my neighbours which i believe is what the dogs should do to guard us. i've even asked ard my other neighbours and they don have any issue with the dogs. No.2 issue was license, but my neighbour refuses to sign so am at lost on what to do. was thinking of registering the dog license at my parents place instead. anyone kws if this work?

my 3rd issue is having 2 dogs. i can't bear to part with any of the dogs Anyone has successfully went around this before? am staying at end lot. what am doing now is keeping one inside during the day and releasing her out only at night.

also, anyone kws if the authority actually does a follow up on the notification letter that they have issued and how often do they come ard to check?