View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 07:41 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rescuing a pup from being feasted by vietnamese worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurie View Post
I cannot imaging how the hell they can eat this adorable, cute, harmless, friendly creature and to imaging they slatter these puppies and kittyOMG!!!.
Even thou they don't have money but they can eat vege or other things than puppies or cats...
It is so disgusting and heartless
I've read comments like this for a long time and have stayed quiet, but this time I'm going to stick my neck out.

I do not eat dogs or cats, but for the same reasons that I don't eat cows, goats, sheep, chicken, pigs, etc. Are those of you who are outraged about this also vegetarian, or are you eating other slaughtered animals?

It is the culture in many places, such as Vietnam, to raise dogs for meat, just as Malaysians raise cattle or pigs. Pigs are judged to be more highly intelligent than dogs, and I personally find cows adorable. My point is, if you have no problem with raising other animals for slaughter, isn't it difficult to condemn people for raising dogs for the same purpose? Are the ethics of slaughtering a cow any different than the ethics of slaughtering a dog?

Now, in the interest of saving Malaysia's dogs, the question is, is there a law against killing dogs (and cats) for food? If so, the foreign workers can be formally charged with a crime. I'm not sure what the SPCA would be able to do to help...