View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 04:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

somebunny is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Litter Training Rabbits

Could it be because they smell another bunny's scent in their territory and so they feel the need to pee and poo there as territorial markings?

I think I've been very lucky with my 3 rabbits.. they learnt very quickly and have been good all these while. Sometimes, they jump out of their litter box before they are done with poo-ing, and so a few poos drop out from their bum while they jump out. Apart from that, no other accidents.

However, each time a new rabbit comes into the house, they will start to pee and poo when they smell the new rabbit's scent.

Buttons was my first bunny. When Yohji came to live with us, Buttons used to pee & poo next to his play pen.. to mark her territory.

And then when Hans came, in the beginning, I used to carry him to the couch and let him run around there while I sit next to him. Without fail, after Hans goes back to his play pen, the 2 big fellas will come up to the couch, smell Hans' scent there.. then they will pee on my couch!! So I've stopped letting Hans play on the couch..