View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Animal Lover

Sharon The Paw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Resepi makanan kucing

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenelance View Post
sharon..where can i get salmon oil? i've been meaning to make own wetfood as the ones selling at the market are getting expensive each day! same as u, i give my boys kibbles during the day and wetfood at night as sometimes they very malas to drink water

i wanna try ur recipe but i once read that chicken liver and egg yolk are not so good for cats (forgot where i read it)..as liver is where all the toxic accumulated and egg yolk may develop allergy or something..

pls correct me if i'm wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by irenelance View Post
sharon..where can i get salmon oil? i've been meaning to make own wetfood as the ones selling at the market are getting expensive each day! same as u, i give my boys kibbles during the day and wetfood at night as sometimes they very malas to drink water

i wanna try ur recipe but i once read that chicken liver and egg yolk are not so good for cats (forgot where i read it)..as liver is where all the toxic accumulated and egg yolk may develop allergy or something..

pls correct me if i'm wrong
Hello Irene,
I buy my cat food and salmon oil from the Pet Safari at Ikano Power Center (right in front of The Curve). The price for 500ml is RM58, and it can last a long time.

I found this recipe online; I spent ages looking for a good cat food recipe, but most of them are just a joke: They cook the cat food using ingredients like cereal, butter, and oyster sauce etc. I also notice there are many people feeding raw meat to cats, but I don't want to risk it. I'm concerned about bacteria like Salmonella and others. Cooked food is healthy and safe, so I will stick with it.

Chicken liver is rich in vitamin A, which is good for cats; however, make sure you don't use too many as too much vitamin A will be stored in the cat's liver and can cause health issues. I usually put 5 ounces of chicken liver per 1 kg of meat.

I add 1 egg yolk to make enough food to last for 2 to 3 days. I feed my cats cooked food 2 or 3 times a week. I've been told it's fine if you don't feed your cat egg yolk everyday; 2 or 3 times a week is fine. It is high in protein,which is good for your cat.

I only buy organic or free range eggs--NO battery farm eggs!! They treat chicken's dreadfully in battery farms. It's not easy to buy organic meat in this country, so I just buy fresh meat. I would be delighted if someone could tell me where to buy organic meat in Damansara.

Another important ingredient I missed was taurine: You should add some to your home cooked cat food. Just Google it for more details.

Hope your cats love's the freshly cooked food.

Last edited by Sharon The Paw; 09-16-2011 at 10:46 PM.